Robert Blakely founded Blakely Financial in 1995 on the belief that our client’s wellbeing is our first and foremost priority. Robert focuses on comprehensive wealth planning that is tailored to meet our clients’ individual needs. Through his personal relationship with our clients, Robert and his team understand each client’s unique goals and works with them to implement a thorough plan to achieve those objectives.
Robert graduated from Averett University in Danville, Virginia, with a bachelor’s degree in business administration. He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and continues his education through numerous seminars and conferences.
Robert is an active volunteer with various charitable and educational organizations in our community and resides in Thomasville with his wife, Donna.
Robert Blakely is proud to have been recognized as a Chairman’s Level advisor for 2018—a distinction based on annual production attained by just 3 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network.
Professional Designations, Certifications, Registrations, and Licenses
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification awarded by CFP Board
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®), The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS), Institute of Business and Finance
- Registered representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®, FINRA Series 7 securities registration
- Life and disability insurance licensed
- Long-term care insurance licensed
- Financial Planning Association
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Averett University Danville, Virginia, B.A. in Business Administration