I founded Blakely Financial in 1995 on the belief that our client’s wellbeing is our first and foremost priority. Therefore, I tailor my focus on comprehensive wealth planning to meet our clients’ individual needs. Through my relationship with our clients, I understand each client’s unique goals and work with them to implement a thorough plan to achieve those objectives. There is a deep satisfaction in the feeling that I am truly making a difference in the lives of other people.
I am an active volunteer with charitable and educational organizations in our community and reside in High Point with my wife, Donna.
I am proud to have been recognized as a Chairman’s Level advisor —a distinction based on annual production attained by just 3 percent of advisors affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network.
Professional Designations, Certifications, Registrations, and Licenses
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification awarded by CFP Board
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) Certification, administered by the Investments & Wealth Institute and taught in conjunction with The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®), The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®), The American College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS), Institute of Business and Finance
- Registered representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®, FINRA Series 7 securities registration
- Life and disability insurance licensed
- Long-term care insurance licensed
- Financial Planning Association
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Averett University, Danville, Virginia, B.A. in Business Administration
If I wrote my own job description…
Duties Delegation Director
My favorite quote is…
"Never, never, never give up." - Winston Churchill
My dream travel destination is…
Jackson Hole, Wyoming and/or a trip to Italy
My happy hour order is…
A very nice bourbon on the rocks with a splash of water
My superpower would be…
Time Traveler – I would travel ahead in time research all major stock market corrections, come back and time the market, which just like time travel, is impossible to do.
My top 3 reads and podcasts are…
"Simple Wealth, Inevitable Wealth" - Nick Murray, "Stay Positive" - Jon Gordon and Daniel Decker, "Think & Grow Rich" - Napoleon Hill