I joined Blakely Financial in May 2022 after spending more than 20 years as a human resources and employee benefits executive within both the private and nonprofit sectors, with a focus on retirement plans and compensation. I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and earned an MBA in finance from Boston University. I also hold life, accident, and health insurance licenses and am an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®. The most fulfilling aspect of my job is when I feel that I have truly earned the trust of my clients and have made a difference in their lives.
My practice spans the entire spectrum of wealth management and retirement plan consulting, although my area of specialty is helping pre-retirees/retirees with planning their retirement goals and assisting them transition from the accumulation stage of their retirement investing to the retirement income distribution stage i.e. developing a strategic distribution strategy which takes into account tax ramifications, proper asset allocation, inflation, social security maximization, and ongoing and long-term health care planning.
I am an advisor with the Pro Bono Financial Coaching Program, a collaborative effort of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Financial Planning Association of Massachusetts.
My wife, Linda, and I live in Beverly with our golden retriever Ozzie.
Professional Designations, Certifications, Registrations, and Licenses
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification awarded by CFP Board
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, College for Fiduciary Studies
- Registered representative of Commonwealth Financial Network®
- FINRA Series 6 securities registration
- FINRA Series 7 securities registration
- FINRA Series 63 securities registration
- FINRA Series 65 securities registration
- Family Reach organization – Pro Bono financial planning for cancer patients
- Boston University, Boston, MA – MBA in Finance
My superpower would be…
Being able to fly without using the airlines
My favorite quote is…
“The Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself”
My top 3 reads and podcasts are…
Cloud Cuckoo | Land Premonition | The Code Breaker
My dream travel destination is…
East African safari
My favorite restaurant is…
Abe & Louie’s Steakhouse in Boston
My happy hour order is…
Jameson or Moscow Mule